One of the key questions before you even tackle the Startup Road map is: are you really prepared to do this? Starting up a company is a difficult process that is not for the faint of heart. You need to not only have the right drive, but you need to be at a place in your life where you can devote the time and the monetary resource that will be required.
Some thoughts to consider:
- There will be long work hours.
- If you have a family, you’ll see them less often.
- Stress levels tend to be high
- Health insurance can be a problem
- Very typically, startup entrepreneurs go without salary for several months, or even a year or more, so you have to be financially prepared.
- If you plan to raise investment money, plan on it taking a year (or more)
- Most startups are not a financial success
On the other hand, it can be a very rewarding, adrenaline-pumping experience and you’re sure to learn a lot. But you do need to be at a point in your life where it fits.
Find more food for though in the cloud-tag of blog posts: