When you talk to customers about the unmet need and your solution – you are looking for a “emphatic yes“. An “emphatic yes” is NOT:
- That’s a great idea
- That should help lots of people
- Let me know when it’s available
Those answers sound positive – but people who tell you things like that are not likely to be customers. The “emphatic yes” that you want is more like this:
- Wow – this is great. I’ve been looking for a solution to this! I want it!
- Can I get this NOW? What does it cost? When is it available?
- Can I get an early version today if I pay you now?
That’s an emphatic yes – and that’s what you’re looking for when you validate a startup idea!